What You Need
- Small pieces of wood.
- Thin papers.
- Poster paint.
- Envelope, stationery, wrapping paper.
How to Make It
- Draw the picture you want to be your stamp on a piece of thin paper with marker. You can draw something simple like star, heart, round shape, house, or your favorite animals. You do not need to draw in detail.
- Flip the paper so that your drawing will be facing down. Stick the drawing on the sponge. Press the drawing so that the marker marks get transferred to the sponge. Complete the lines so that your drawing is clear.
- Use the scissors to cut the drawing on the sponge. Make sure the thickness of the sponge is at a minimum of 2 cm.
- Glue your cut sponge on a piece of wood. Now you have your own stamp.
- Use brush to apply poster paint on the sponge. Make sure the paint is applied evenly.
- Press the stamp on an envelope, stationery, wrapping paper, or whatever surface you want the stamp on.
- If you want to apply different color on your stamp, make sure you clean the sponge thoroughly first. Then apply the new paint on it.
You can substitue the sponge with potato or box. Make different drawings with different levels of complexity to make it fun.