What You Need
- Small pieces of wood.
- Thin papers.
- Poster paint.
- Envelope, stationery, wrapping paper.
How to Make It
- Draw the picture you want to be your stamp on a piece of thin paper with marker. You can draw something simple like star, heart, round shape, house, or your favorite animals. You do not need to draw in detail.
- Flip the paper so that your drawing will be facing down. Stick the drawing on the sponge. Press the drawing so that the marker marks get transferred to the sponge. Complete the lines so that your drawing is clear.
- Use the scissors to cut the drawing on the sponge. Make sure the thickness of the sponge is at a minimum of 2 cm.
- Glue your cut sponge on a piece of wood. Now you have your own stamp.
- Use brush to apply poster paint on the sponge. Make sure the paint is applied evenly.
- Press the stamp on an envelope, stationery, wrapping paper, or whatever surface you want the stamp on.
- If you want to apply different color on your stamp, make sure you clean the sponge thoroughly first. Then apply the new paint on it.
You can substitue the sponge with potato or box. Make different drawings with different levels of complexity to make it fun.
What You Need:
- Corn cobs complete with their husks.
- Dry seeds.
- Woll yarn.
- Tooth picks.
- Sewing needle.
- Fabric dye (optional)
How to Make It:
- Pull the husks down so you can make doll’s clothing from them.
- Look at the materials you have. Think about the faces you can make using those materials. For example, the branches can be noses, seeds and cloves can be used as eyes or teeth. Leaves and wool yarn can be hair. Flowers can be head ornaments or necklaces.
- You can hang your corn cob dolls by giving them threads to hang them with. Or insert skewers at the bottom of the cobs so that you can put them in the vase.
If you want your dolls’ clothes in colors, you can soak the husks in regular fabric dye overnight using your favorite colors. Let them dry in the sun first before you create your dolls.