What You Need:
- 500 gram flour to make bread.
- 1 pack dry yeast (for 500 gram flour)
- 60 gram sugar.
- Grated skin of 1 lemon.
- 60 gram butter.
- 2 eggs.
- 250 ml milk.
- 40 gram peanuts/ cashews/walnuts (to your liking) -finely chopped.
- 4 boiled eggs.
How to Make It:
- Fill the container with flour. Mix it with the dry yeast- follow the instruction on its pack.
- While kneading, put in the sugar, grated lemon skin and butter, consecutively.
- Whipped the eggs then mix it into the dough.
- Mix warm milk and the dough, knead it until everything is soft and easly formed.
- Cover the container with the dough with a clean towel. Keep it in a warm room for 30 minutes. Let the dough expand.
- Knead the dough again until everything is even.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal size pieces.
- Divide each pieces into 3 equal size smaller pieces.
- Twist three parts together so it looks like rope, as thick as your thumb.
- Braid the three parts together, then join the two ends. The shape is a circle like a nest.
- Repeat the same process three more times. You will have four nests at the end.
- To make the nests as natural as possible, you can sprinkle the fine chopped peanuts on top of them. Polish it with egg yolk so your nests will look shiny.
- Bake them in the oven for 35 minutes or until they are done.
- Put your boiled eggs on top of your egg-nest breads. Now they are ready for eating.
Using the same dough, what other shapes can you make? Expand your creativity!